What Can You Do When Your Mechanic Can’t Fix Your Car?
A car is something of a precious entity to most people worldwide. So it is only natural for you to cherish it and for wanting to keep it safe from any dents and other issues. But have you ever had an accident or mechanical failure? Unfortunately, more than 3000 accidents and breakdowns occur worldwide every day, which is why it’s not hard to be a part of that statistic.
You may own an unbelievably unreliable car, something like an Alfa Romeo (but you may still have bought it because they are beautiful and full of character).
The good thing is that you can get your car fixed from any odd mechanic shop if the issue is not too bad. Now you may be wondering, “But what if the breakdown or accident is so bad that my mechanic can’t fix my car? Will I have to buy a new one?”. Well, not technically. There are several things you can do before you decide to go ahead and buy a new one.
Here are a few things to try if your regular mechanic can’t fix your car:
Go to a different mechanic:
If your regular mechanic didn’t find the issue with your car, the first thing to do would be to try a different, better mechanic in the town. Just like any other job, different car technicians have different perspectives. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can detect more complex issues in a heartbeat. So maybe they can find the issue in a jiffy. They may even have run into a car with similar problems before.
Give yourself a break:
Since the mechanic can t find the problem, you may think of this step as the initial one. But no, this is the second step. If two or more mechanics can’t fix your car, you may get depressed and unhappy thinking of the consequences it may bring. But you need to give yourself a break just to clear your head. Sometimes taking a break can help you think properly. Try to get yourself into a hobby instead of constantly thinking about the fact that the mechanics can’t fix your car. Even the best mechanics take breaks to ensure that they can fix a car properly.
Research about your car and the issue:
If two or more mechanics can’t fix your car, it may be time to research the issue thoroughly. Here are a few ways to find out what the issue with your car may be:
- Repair manual: You can find this or a similar book issued by the vehicle manufacturer online. The whole point of this book is to help the customers detect the minor to major issues their car may be showing. It has helpful info, diagnostic tests, wiring diagrams, etc., to detect the problems with your car.
- Scanning tools: There are several scanning tools available that can help you, especially if your mechanic can t find the problem. Even if these tools and tests can’t fix your problem completely, you may get a sense of the next step.
- Technical Service Bulletins: TSBs are often issued by vehicle manufacturers to help you from fixing a little annoying rattle to a faulty transmission. If your mechanic can’t fix your car even with the help of TSBs, you may move on to the next step.
- Technical tips and tricks: Many vehicle manufacturers issue these tips and tricks to help the customers, as well as the mechanics, solve the issues thrown by a car. These usually come in tiny blurbs about the vehicle.
- Google: If you or the mechanic can’t fix your car even with the help of the above steps, you may visit google. There is loads of information available about a car. If the issue is a common one, you may be able to find out about it through Google. Then, there are several very talented people on Youtube, the videos of whom can even help you and your mechanic fix the car with the help of a step-by-step procedure.
- If these steps don’t help you repair your car, you may get depressed and annoyed with your car. But this is not the time to give up. There are still some things you can do when your mechanic doesn’t fix the problem with your car.
If you and several other local mechanics can’t fix your car, it may be time to call out the reinforcements. Several companies have a service they offer to keep their customers happy. If the local mechanics can t find the problems with a car, the manufacturer sends their experts to the rescue. These experts know every nook and cranny of a particular model produced by the manufacturer. First, you will have to send an email to the company and explain to them the situation along with some photos of the problematic parts, diagnostic logs, and videos of the issues. You will also have to answer some questions raised by the experts. Then, they will come out to help if the mechanic can’t fix your car.
If even the company mechanic can’t fix your car, it may be time to trade your car in for a new one. It means that while buying a new car, you can trade in your old car for a discount on the cost. This option is also opted for by people if the repair cost for their old car is way too much more than the cost of the car itself.
Sometimes when a car breaks down or has met with an accident, due to which it is damaged beyond repair, it tends to leave a person heartbroken. In that case, one of the first thighs they wonder is, “What should I do when the mechanic doesn’t fix the problem?”
We are a workshop management platform that has spanned across the world and we know some of the best workshops out there. We can get you in contact with some of our best customers who could help you with your problem.
- Top 5 Most Helpful Car Mechanic Magazines
- Difference Between An Auto Body Shop And An Auto Repair Shop
- Top 7 Factors To Consider Before Buying An Auto Repair Shop